Turmeric is a flowering plant that has a wide range of uses like food coloring and spicing, as an ingredient for curry powder, as an orange-yellow textile dye, and for remedial therapy.
Turmeric has curcumin, a powerful antioxidant, antidepressant, and anti-inflammatory ingredient, and helps living beings to prevent diseases.
Turmeric helps budgie owners to prevent diseases like cancerous tumors, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, tendinitis, gout and helps reduce free radicals (as an antioxidant) and pain (as a painkiller) in the body.
What are the benefits and use cases of turmeric on budgies?
- Turmeric helps to prevent and cure tumors in budgie body
- When your budgie need an antioxidant, turmeric is a good choice
- As a good remedy for anti-inflammatory problems on budgies.
- Curing mite, lice, red mite infections
- Curing antiviral and antibacterial infections
- As a natural antiseptic, turmeric reduce the possibility of infection, sepsis, or putrefaction.
- If a budgie needs liver detox, turmeric can be used for it.
- General healing and as a booster for damaged skin healing
- Preventing new blood vessels’ growth in tumors
- Preventing roundworm
- Boosting the immune system
- Antifungal prevention
- Healing nausea
- Helper for digestion problems
- As supplement for iron, manganese, vitamin B6, potassium and dietary fiber
- Boosting production of bile
- Increasing levels of enzymes like glutathione-s-transferase (GST) and UDP glucuronyl transferase (UDPGT).
Which budgie diseases can turmeric may use as a cure?
Turmeric can be used for diseases following:
- Digestion problems
- Mite, lice, red mite infections
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Skin cuts and burns
- Damaged skin putrefaction
- Toxic liver
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Avian gout
❗ When should you avoid giving turmeric to your budgie?
Budgies have broken blood feathers during the molting season.
Turmeric has a negative effect on budgies because of the anti-coagulant feature during the molting season. Turmeric delays the natural healing process of healing wounds, cuts, burns.
Because of the effect of retarding or inhibiting the coagulation of the blood, turmeric shouldn’t be used if a budgie has a bleeding wound, cut, etc. at any time.
How to use and give turmeric to your budgie?
Pet bird owners often use turmeric with different methods.
If your budgie has an infection such as mites, lice, red mites, fungi, bacteria, you can grind turmeric and apply it to the infection area.
Adding turmeric powder in drinking the water
Budgie owners give water with turmeric powder to their budgies, as they think it is necessary.
Water with turmeric powder can be given twice a month.
A half teaspoon of turmeric powder is enough for 500ml water.
Adding turmeric to budgie bath water
Budgie owners add turmeric powder to budgie bath waters to help prevent mite, lice, red mite infections, and boost damaged skin healing.
A half of a teaspoon of turmeric powder with 500ml bathwater is enough for budgies. The turmeric powder bathwater process should do twice a month, but more than twice is not recommended.